Track Data Across All Affinity ERP Product Suites
The heart of the Affinity ERP system, General Ledger seamlessly gathers data from across all your financial and statistical information sources to create a single, holistic view of your organization. Our flexible chart of accounts and chart of statistics lets you track everything you need and combine it in meaningful ways for management and financial reporting.
General Ledger features multi-site functionality that allows you create reports with parameters ranging from a single unit to multiple departments or a large group of facilities. We make it easy to get information out of your systems and into your manager’s hands. Coupled with drill-down and real-time information, Affinity ERP provides transparency and accountability across your entire management team.
With the General Ledger you can:
- Utilize account codes to create a data cube between facility, department and revenue/expense code to slice and dice your data any way you want
- Use wildcards to group revenue and expense information across various facilities and/or departments
- Build revenue and expense templates that can be applied to hundreds of departments
- Deploy reports electronically that automatically adjust depending on who logs in to use them
- Define unique drill-down paths for senior management
- Remap account groupings anytime to show historical numbers based on current organizational structure
Intuitive Journal Entry and Budgeting
There are many different ways to bring information into the General Ledger, including import, copy-paste or automatic creation based on relevant financial and statistical data. With Affinity ERP, you can:
- Create recurring journal entries with start and stop dates
- Enter back-dated and future-dated journal entries
- Audit the prior fiscal year’s adjustments
- Import transactions to the General Ledger from third-party subsystems
- Cut and paste journal voucher details from Microsoft Excel® or Discovery EIS
- Reprint journal voucher postings from any fiscal year
- Cancel journal vouchers or reverse them in future periods
Easy and Efficient Subsystem Control
With Affinity ERP’s Subsystem Controller, you can manage subsystem imports and fiscal period end controls for all your Affinity ERP programs from a central location. You can create a new fiscal year in one step, and customize fiscal period tables for the number of periods with start/end dates for each period and period name. We support 12-15 period fiscal schedules.
We provide an outstanding set of reporting tools allowing you to build customized and easy-to-understand department reports. Drill-down to source documents (e.g. invoices, payments, timesheets, etc.) at the accounts, journal vouchers and subsystem levels to deliver impressive detail and support decision-making with concrete evidence. Accurately balance sub ledger accounts with the General Ledger via easy-to-read reconciliation reports. Protect your process with access audit trail reports for budget changes, unused journal vouchers, and inactive accounts.
What could be easier than building reports using your favorite spreadsheet tool: Microsoft Office Excel? We have linked Excel directly into Affinity ERP General Ledger to eliminate the need for imports into Excel, delivering you the full power and flexibility of the spreadsheet tool we all know and love. Eliminate those tedious monthly procedures requiring you to get everything into Excel. Instead, build your reports once, and then point them to any fiscal period or year for any facility, department, or group—or any combination thereof. In addition to the graphing and other features available in Excel, Affinity General Ledger gives you drill-down access to subsystem details and attachments for anything you create in Excel.
With easy access to all subsystems for financial and statistical data, automatic roll-ups into department and facility-wide reporting, electronic distribution of reports, and the ability to drill-down into transaction details, you will have the transparency to drive accountability throughout your entire organization. Affinity ERP General Ledger makes your life simple, puts information at the fingertips of every user, and makes reporting enjoyable. You’ll never have to beg managers to look at their spreadsheets again.