We are committed to regulatory compliance and monitor standards related to each of our products.
We meet applicable regulations in the United States, Canada and Europe, including the stringent requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Harris Healthcare’s EHR achieved 2014 ONC Certification by the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) for Health Information Technology. Additionally, Harris Healthcare is a member of the Electronic Health Record Association and holds a co-chair position on the Patient Safety Workgroup as well as the chair position on the FDA Task Force. This allows our compliance team to stay abreast of regulatory activity that will impact us in the future.
Please refer to the links below for our formal certification statements, detailed certification information and the Costs and Limitations Statements.
United States Certifications
United Kingdom Certifications
QCPR is certified as being a compliant system for Choose and Book Provider services by HSCIC (Health and Social Care Information Centre) a UK government body.
QCPR supports the requirements mandated by provincial Ministries of Health, those prescribed by Healthcare Professional Organizations and from Canada Health Infoway.
For Quebec in particular:
For Ontario, in particular, QCPR supports:
The Pan-Canadian standards:
Harris Healthcare’s EHR is ONC-ACB certified for the 2014 Edition Meaningful Use criteria as both Inpatient and Modular (all) by the Drummond Group. The certification process on the 2015 Meaningful Use criteria for Stage 3 (MU3) is underway. We are also assisting clients with the new 2016 government-required electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQMs) for the 2017 reporting period.
- Accreditation Canada
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Controlled Medical Vocabulary (SNOMED-CT, LOINC, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, NDC)
- Electronic Health Record Association (EHRA)
- Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Health Level 7 (HL7)
- HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA, C-CDA)
- HIPAA, PHIPA, and Canada Health Infoway (CHI) Privacy & Security Architecture standards
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP)
- Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE)
- National Coordinator of Health Information Technology (ONC)
- National Uniform Billing Committee (NUBC)
- National Uniform Claims Committee (NUCC)
- Nursing Diagnosis Care Plans (NANDA, NIC, NOC)
- The Joint Commission and its National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG)
- Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI)