We are committed to regulatory compliance and monitor standards related to each of our products.
We meet applicable regulations in the United States, Canada and Europe, including the stringent requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Additionally, Harris Healthcare is a member of the Electronic Health Record Association and holds a co-chair position on the Patient Safety Workgroup as well as the chair position on the FDA Task Force. This allows our compliance team to stay abreast of regulatory activity that will impact us in the future.
HARRIS Flex supports the requirements mandated by provincial Ministries of Health, those prescribed by Healthcare Professional Organizations and from Canada Health Infoway.
The Pan-Canadian standards:
United Kingdom Certifications
HARRIS Flex is certified as being a compliant system for Choose and Book Provider services by HSCIC (Health and Social Care Information Centre) a UK government body.
Standards and Safety Guidelines met
Our HARRIS Flex EHR was developed taking into consideration the industry safety guidelines and recommendations of the following organizations:
- Accreditation Canada
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Controlled Medical Vocabulary (SNOMED-CT, LOINC, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, NDC)
- Electronic Health Record Association (EHRA)
- Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Health Level 7 (HL7)
- HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA, C-CDA)
- HIPAA, PHIPA, and Canada Health Infoway (CHI) Privacy & Security Architecture standards
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP)
- Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE)
- National Coordinator of Health Information Technology (ONC)
- National Uniform Billing Committee (NUBC)
- National Uniform Claims Committee (NUCC)
- Nursing Diagnosis Care Plans (NANDA, NIC, NOC)
- The Joint Commission and its National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG)
- Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI)