Many of our clients use Harris Healthcare’s solutions for research purposes. Within our EHR, researchers can:
- Flag a variety of clinical conditions to alert users if a patient is a member of a research study or is a potential candidate for a research study.
- Create and manage order sets with study medications labeled for downstream identification, thereby noting that the orders came from a research study.
- Capture specialized encounter types for clinical research.
- Easily de-identify and export data through our analytics tools or to third-party research data warehouses.
- Tie a secure patient identifier to anonymized data records.
- Review outcome measurements and tie it to clinical data for analysis.
- Tailor views and screens to meet research needs.
- Access reference material, research study reports, or applicable outcomes reports for the enterprise patient population to support research and evidence-based medicine.
While we would not self-classify as having a clinical research management system (i.e. research-specific grant application preparation, funding management, and cost accounting features are not available), clients effectively use our solutions for clinical research projects. We provide the flexibility needed to capture, access and control data quality while complying with regulations and industry standards.
Let us show you how we can support your clinical research efforts!