Hospital–acquired infections are responsible for significant morbidity and mortality. It is estimated that 20%-50% of all antibiotics prescribed are either inappropriate or wrong. This practice dramatically increases healthcare costs.*
*U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017). Antibiotic Use in the United States: Progress and Opportunities. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/antibiotic-use/stewardship-report/pdf/stewardship-report.pdf
Prescribe the Right Drug for the Bug Each Time
Harris Antimicrobial/Infection Control enables healthcare organizations to build, grow and enhance antibiotic stewardship programs and infection control practices and standards. The solution provides instant access to information about infections; enabling staff to treat patients sooner, improve outcomes, and save costs.
How Does Harris Antimicrobial/Infection Control Improve Outcomes?
- Optimizes antibiotic prescribing practices—informed decisions via access to real time antibiograms and drug/bug mismatch reporting
- Reduces patient length of stay—real-time notifications push information to clinicians for prompt treatment initiation
- Cost savings for:
- Pharmacy—reduction in antibiotic costs
- Laboratory—reduction in the number of lab tests due to the reduction in outbreak swabbing
- Patient Units—reduction in isolation costs when positive cultures are handled faster and patients are isolated in a timely manner